18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Couple Shaft Power Head Kit with String Trimmer Attachment (5.0Ah)
- SPEED : 3-speed options (up to 9,700 RPM) allows the operator to match speed to application
- COMPATIBILITY : Compatible with a variety of optional couple shaft attachments for versatility
- DESIGN : Lever style lock system allows for quick tool-less installation and replacement of attachments
- CONTROL : Electronic Torque Control turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows down or stops
- INCLUDES : Power head, string trimmer attachment, (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries and dual port charger
Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE that includes the 18V X2 LXT® Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless Couple Shaft Power Head. With zero emissions, lower noise and maximum versatility, the Power Head is a welcome solution for a range of trimming and cutting applications. It’s powered by two 18V LXT® batteries for maximum performance and run time without the hassles of gas and without leaving the 18V battery platform.
The Power Head is compatible with a variety of optional couple shaft attachments, with a lever style lock system for quick tool-less installation and replacement. It can be used with multiple attachments for trimming, edging, cultivating, and brush cutting (sold separately). Note that kit XUX01M5PT includes string trimmer attachment.
Makita’s efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per battery charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. With no carbon brushes, the Makita BL™ Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. For added protection, the Electronic Torque Control turns the motor off if the rotation speed suddenly slows down or stops, and the overheat warning system turns on an indicator light and is engineered to automatically stop the motor. Added features include a variable speed trigger, and reverse (clockwise) rotation system that allows the operator to quickly clear the brush cutter head of entangled weed and grass.
It features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT™ is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- BL™ Brushless motor delivers up to 9,700 RPM for faster cutting
- 3-speed options (Low: 5,700 RPM, Medium: 8,200 High: 9,700 RPM) allow the operator to match speed to application
- Compatible with a variety of optional couple shaft attachments for versatility
- Lever style lock system allows for quick tool-less installation and replacement of attachments
- Electronic Torque Control turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows down or stops
- Reverse (clockwise) rotation system allows operator to quickly clear brush cutter head of entangled grass and weeds
- Variable speed trigger switch for controlled cutting speed
- Overheat warning system turns on indicator light and is engineered to automatically stop motor
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers