18V X2 (36V) LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 25?1/2" Hedge Trimmer Kit (5.0Ah)
- SPEED : 6 speed dial (0 - 1,800 SPM) allows the user to match the speed to the application
- INNOVATION : Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver the cutting performance of a corded trimmer
- VERSATILITY : 5-position rotating rear handle for increased comfort during vertical and angle trimming
- COMFORT : Lower noise level at only 86.5 dB(A); up to 30% quieter than gas
- INCLUDES : Includes 2 ea. 18V LXT® 5.0Ah batteries and dual port rapid charger
The Makita 18V X2 LXT® Hedge Trimmer (model XHU04PT) is powered by two 18V LXT® batteries (36V), so you get 36V power and run time for corded and gas-powered demands, without leaving the 18V LXT® platform. Model XHU04PT is a kit and includes two fast-charging 18V LXT 5.0Ah batteries and an 18V Dual Port Charger that will charge two batteries simultaneously for increased productivity and less downtime.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XHU04PT Hedge Trimmer has a 25-1/2" blade and the Makita-built motor delivers 1,800 SPM for increased cutting speed, but with less noise (only 86.5 dB(A). It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pickup your XHU04Z, load two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries, and the trimmer is ready to use.
Additional features include a two-handed operation switch is engineered to activate the motor only when the switch and top handle are engaged, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
- Delivers up to 60 minutes of run time on high setting under load using two 5.0Ah BL1850B batteries
- 6 speed dial (0 - 1,800 SPM) allows the user to match the speed to the application
- 25-1/2” blade provides increased cutting capacity
- Lower noise level at only 86.5 dB(A); up to 30% quieter than gas
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,800 SPM for faster cutting
- Weighs only 12.2 lbs. with (2) 18V batteries for reduced operator fatigue
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 39" long
- 5-position rotating rear handle for increased comfort during vertical and angle trimming
- Two-handed operation; tool is activated only when the trigger and front handle are engaged
- L.E.D. battery gauge indicates charge level
- Electric brake for increased productivity
- Star Protection Computer Controls® protect against over-load, over-discharge and over-heating
- Blade tip guard protects blade from unnecessary wear
- Heavy duty gear case engineered for improved durability
- Cordless for instant start-up, zero emissions and reduced maintenance
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge compared to 3.0Ah battery BL1830
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Dual Port Charger charges two (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries in only 45 minutes
- Dual Port Charger features a built-in USB port for charging portable electronic devices
- The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Built-in fan circulates air through the battery during the charging process to cool the battery for faster charge time.
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers