Do you have a job that requires the use of an air compressor and are not sure which is the right one for you? The choices can be overwhelming. Here is a checklist to consider in making the right choice for the job at hand:
Air Compressor Application
Determine the job application which will dictate the type of compressor needed. Will the compressor be used to power pneumatic machinery or inflate a bicycle tire? Consider this:
- Portable air compressors are best suited for one-person operating air tools such as inflating an inner tube or applying paint via an air gun.
- Stationary, single-stage air compressors are often used for woodworking, automotive restoration, and some home renovation projects.
- Two-stage air compressors are recommended for light commercial shops and industrial applications.
- Rotary screw air compressors are recommended for applications that require a compressor to run 100 percent of the time to keep up with the demands of the job.
Air Compressor Power Supply
Electrical compressors are the most common, quiet, and suitable for working indoors. Modern Fuel-powered compressors are less noisy than older models, offer higher horsepower and greater PSI. These types of compressors are convenient in outdoor areas that have limited or no access to electricity, like many construction job sites.
Air Compressors and Air Tools
The critical function of an air compressor is to power air tools. Consider tools to use now and expansion in the future. Examples of air tools include:
- Nail guns and pneumatic staple guns
- Impact wrenches
- Air hammers/chisels
- Paint sprayers
- Rotary sanders and grinders
- Rivet guns
The specific size of the compressor needed will depend on the tools planned to use now and in the future. Some devices require more air; this can be determined by checking the tool’s label for the standard cubic feet per minute (scfm) requirement. The compressor must meet these requirements for the tool to function correctly.
Whether you need a compressor, impact drill, scaffolding, or light tower, Talisman Rentals offers a wide range of quality equipment, prices to suit your budget, and quick deliveries to meet your deadlines. If you are planning your next project, give us a call to find out how we can help.